PERFORMING A FIRMWARE UPGRADE - EVOLUTION CAMERANote:
“Upgrading from 1.4.X to 1.9.X
There are a few changes and improvement to firmware 1.9.X. For these changes to be fully applied, a full factory reset must be performed after an upgrade from 1.4.x to 1.9.X“.
Upgrading the firmware on your Evolution camera is done using the configuration tool. If you don’t already have this installed you can download the configuration tool from here
You can download the latest firmware from here, if you have not already done so.
1. Double click on the configuration tool icon on your desktop to open it up. This should display a list of all Oncam Grandeye available cameras on that specific network (assuming all cameras are on the same network)
Note: Make sure the camera type is set correctly.
Camera type can be changed using the drop down button.
2. Locate camera(s) to upgrade using the camera MAC address as a guide. Check-off / tick the box next to the camera(s)
3. Click upgrade software tab and browse to the saved firmware file (this should already be save to either your PC or removable drive).
4. Click upgrade to upgrade your camera(s). You will be prompted to save your current configuration settings, this is entirely optional. When the upgrade is complete you will get a confirmation of either a SUCCESS OR FAILURE. Wait for about 2 - 3 minutes for your camera to fully reboot.
5. Click on the Refresh List Tab to refresh the configuration tool to confirm camera is back online and make sure camera status is OK to view camera