This article applies to the following cameras
NOTE: C-Series cameras come default with a "Whole Scene Motion Detector" setup which communicates via ONVIF profile S, however the "Region Motion Detector" communicates via ONVIF profile T. In order for the VMS to receive motion detection events from the Region Motion Detector rule, it will need to support ONVIF profile T.
1. Select Motion/Analytics
2. Delete Whole Scene Motion Detector
3. Select +ADD RULE
4. Name the Rule.
5. Select the Analytic Type drop down arrow.
6. Select Region Motion Detector.
7. Tick the box for “Configuration 1”.
8. Scroll down to bottom of page and select DRAW.
9. Move your mouse cursor over the image and left click to start drawing the Motion Detection area. Move and click on points of the perimeter of the area that will detect motion events.
10. When finished drawing Motion Detection Region, click SAVE AREA.
11. Click on the “Armed” toggle button to activate the rule.
12. Click ADD RULE.
13. Select Video/Audio>Media Profiles
14. Select the Edit icon for [MP1 Primary Encoder]
15. Scroll down to the Metadata section.
16. Select the Metadata Configuration drop-down and choose ”Configuration 1”.
17. Select the Topic List drop-down and choose “Motion, Motion Data Only, and Position Co-ordinates”.
18. Click Save Changes.